Facebook data

surfa öskust
#33849 surfa öskust 16 år sen Stoke: 0

nads
graphgraph

hej allihop

i moved to örebro a couple of months ago and will stay here till early September and now wanted to ask how the chances are of going for a surf without spending a fortune for getting there. I must admit i'm pretty much of a rookie, i started to get into surfing a bit about six months ago in australia where i went around 3 times a week staying in about 2-4ft swell. I really fell in love with this sport and would like to continue it, so catching a few waves while i'm here in sweden would be really great. i had a look on the web and found two spots, Knappelskar and Torö, which are probably "nearest" to reach from here. Has anyone surfed them before and can say anything about it / knows better ones in that area? oh and then there is this other small problem: the gear. I've got neither a wettie nor a board - so, pretty much all i got is my will to surf again i'd be thankful for any tips i could get! (sorry if this is one of these topics that always come up, i had a short look around if i could find some articles that could help but didn't really find anything)
Thanks a lot already!

btw: ni kan svarar i svenska också, jag kan förstår nästan allt men för att skriva en helt post behöver jag lite tid till

Logga in för att svara
#33911 Svar: surfa öskust 16 år sen Stoke: 11

Willy
graphgraph
Donerat Guld

I'd say your best bet is Torö. Torö works on southerly winds from 10 m/s and upwards. To find it use hitta.se and type in Torö. Its the spot close too Nynäshamn, just drive out on Ören as far as you can go. Knappelskär is an "ickevåg".

But you need a board and a wettie to surf Torö (or anyware else in Sweden). The wetsuit should at least be a 4/3 and you need booties and probably gloves.

Don't forget that swedish surf is cold, rocky and almost always onshore and stormy.

Happy hunting!

Logga in för att svara
Moderatorer: Redax

Glömt användarnamn eller lösenord?
Bli medlem!